Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Graduate


Well, last week my dear nephew Sam graduated from High School. His older brother Dave is on the right. They belong to my youngest sister, and the one on the left is Zach, the son of the middle sister. Yes, we are three sisters, my father was very lucky! The graduating class was over 400 kids and there were 7 salutarians. (You can imagine how long the ceremonies were.) Well, dummy me, I left my knitting in the car! Each graduate was called up, individually, to collect their diploma!

I am doing a KAL at my LYS, The Knitting Store. I had never made an EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. Well, here is my first effort:

This has to be the cutest thing I ever made. I used 4 balls of Berroco Love It Colors, 3293. I have to say that the color change on this stuff is really weird. There is one big stripe of the contrasting color, in my case blue, in each ball. Each ball has 120 yds and it looks like they just wound the120 and then cut. The balls start in different places of the repeats and one ball only had a few inches of the blue at one end! Since they are pull balls, this unusual color change is not immediately obvious. Luckily, on this small of a project, I was able to work it out, but in a larger project, I think you would have to be very careful. I started another BSJ from my stash. It is a beautiful hand dyed superwash from Dancing Leaf Farms. It is a gorgeous color called Copper Canyon and you can see it here.

Of course, since I took 2 skeins from my stash, I had to immediately purchase enough to start an adult version for me.
Here is the yarn that I chose for the adult version:



This picture doesn't do the colors justice. The main colors are really teal and a rich chocolate brown. Claudia Handpaints and some Cascade 220 for the solid accents. There will be more on this in future posts.

Well, I am off to finish the BSJ...

No comments:

Post a Comment