Thursday, October 30, 2008

RHINEBECK 2008

So, I am finally updating this blog and isn't it great to be telling you about my wonderful trip to the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck NewYork. The SockStars and I rented a house in the woods of Red Hook and my what a house it was. Here is a picture of the house and the views from the house.

We found a great little coffee shop in town for our morning caffiene and muffins. Taste Budds Cafe & Candy Shop is worth a visit when you are in the area.
We were also lucky enough to get reservations at the
Culinary Institute of America in the American Bounty Restaurant. If you ever have plans to visit the Hudson River Valley area, you must make reservations for one of these restaurants. They are staffed by the students and the food is delicious, the prices reasonable and the service impeccable. Here we are with our waiter, Ryan. We were in the last seating of the evening and I am sure that we got a little rowdy by the end of the meal. Those students were great and we got to speak with many of them. I am sure that they will never think of knitters again without thinking of us!
Here's a little yarn tease - I will post th
e rest of the pictures on Saturday! On the top is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Eggplanted in Twisted, Jabberwocky in LSS and Dixie Chicks in Heavyweight STR. On the bottom is a Merino/Tencel blend sock yarn from Ellen's Half Pint Farm. If you are jealous now, wait 'til Saturday's post!!...................................


2 comments:

  1. yay sock stars! :D

    I love seeing the piccies. Brings back so many lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Wish I was there now.

    ReplyDelete